☯☼☯ SEO and Non-SEO (Science-Education-Omnilogy) Forum ☯☼☯

☆ ☆ ☆ № ➊ Omnilogic Forum + More ☆ ☆ ☆

Your ad here just for $2 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($2/day)!

Author Topic: Is net asset of one million dollars(family) at above the 90th percentile in SH?  (Read 871 times)

Aquonut

• SEO sr. member
  • SEO-karma: +469/-44
    • View Profile
    • Email
I want to know at what percentile net asset of one million (family) is in Shanghai, but I only found out the mean of net asset of Shanghai was 1.2 million dollars which was not meaningful because to know the percentle we must know the medium instead of the mean.(However, the medium is def way lower than the mean afaik)

I already have the data of Canada:

https://ibb.co/y42LnFV

So as per the data, it seems to me one million dollars can be at around the 70th percentile there, and I assume Shanghai is way poorer per capita than Canada since the GDP per capita of Shanghai is only $20000+ while Canada is $50000+, so I think it's reasonable to claim one million dollars can be above the 99th percentile there.

I am not sure if this projection is economically sound.

Aquonut

• SEO sr. member
    • View Profile
    • Email
I want to know at what percentile net asset of one million (family) is in Shanghai, but I only found out the mean of net asset of Shanghai was 1.2 million dollars which was not meaningful because to know the percentle we must know the medium instead of the mean.(However, the medium is def way lower than the mean afaik)

I already have the data of Canada:

https://ibb.co/y42LnFV

So as per the data, it seems to me one million dollars can be at around the 70th percentile there, and I assume Shanghai is way poorer per capita than Canada since the GDP per capita of Shanghai is only $20000+ while Canada is $50000+, so I think it's reasonable to claim one million dollars can be above the 99th percentile there.

I am not sure if this projection is economically sound.
Oh sorry. The 1.2 milion dollars data is not the one of *net* asset. It's the one of just asset.

Incel

• A wannabe (a person who tries to be like someone else or to fit in with a particular group of people) gymcel
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +135/-1
  • A pity incel male.
    • View Profile
Am I wrong or in these posts there is really nothing about the incels, inceldom or at least something about the volcels?

How this Shanghai and economics topic should help the incels or will attract some to come here?  ??? ::)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 08:05:51 PM by MSL »
A kind of incel: baldcel + poorcel + shortcel... what else? Soon to come: oldcel!!!

Aquonut

• SEO sr. member
    • View Profile
    • Email
An I wrong or in these posts there is really nothing about the incels, incelfom or at least something about the volcels?

How this Shanghai and economics topic should help the incels or will attract some to come here?  ??? ::)
I found out there was no section this post fitted with, and I think since the users of this section are the most and the most active, I posted it here.

MSL

• Философ | Philosopher | 哲学家
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +813/-0
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
 Yes, maybe, in "Earn Money" which is the closest to these economics topics. No problem, I will move it there.
A fan of science, philosophy and so on. :)

MSL

• Философ | Philosopher | 哲学家
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +813/-0
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
 OK, moved successfully!  8) Well, because it's really an interesting (China related and economy/economics related) topic let me say what I think and know about it now:

we must know the medium instead of the mean
-- very true, very right. Many people don't make difference between the mean and the medium. They just think that there is only one "average". And this is a problem.

2. In China (and other places too) it's a regular statistical trick (or just stupidity) to mislead the population that the average income is very good (and, of course, we should thank the "great" leader for this, right?) The typical example would be the case where nearly every person in a given population lives on about 4000 yuan a month, but there is a small elite with incomes in the tens of thousands (it implies more than 20,000). The numerical average can mislead many people by suggesting that the average Chinese person earns something like "(30 000 + 4000)/2", i. e. 17000 yuan monthly! ;D And this is, of course, ridiculous because the real situation is that most of the population in China can only dream of a month salary of ¥17000 (~$ 2,388)!

3. If you compare Shanghai with Canada, you better to specify which Canada do you mean, because as we talked before, in every country the GDP per capita (and the GINI index) differs from place to place. For example, I guess, if you compare Shanghai with Toronto or with Montreal maybe the Shanghai's per capita will be less but if you compare it with some small towns like Milton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton,_Ontario) or Saint-Hyacinthe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Hyacinthe) then Shanghai is likely better (about GDP per capita). Of course, I am not sure if these examples are 100% correct but what is really correct is that in every country the level is different when you compare the places (like comparing the GDP per capita in Korla /库尔勒/ and the same in Wuxi (无锡) or in Wanning (万宁)). But, sometimes, some small/smaller places may surprise you: according to one statistical source the highest Chinese mainland GDP per capita (after Hongkong and Macao) is in Karamay (克拉玛依); of course it's not really surprising if you know that that's an oil-producing (and refining) center.
A fan of science, philosophy and so on. :)

Good incel

• The good boy
  • SEO sr. member
  • SEO-karma: +139/-5
  • You're welcome!
    • View Profile
since the users of this section are the most and the most active, I posted it here.

;D Brocel, you're so funny!  ;D ;D ;D ;D Cause the incels are the most and you'll post there about the economics?  :P Next time try to post about nuclear physics and just wait the incels to be interested in and to answer you ;D I know some brocels are smart and do like edumaxx but to post something high-IQ in a board only because the number of the users is huge lollollol ;D
Inceldom sucks...

Alexa

• Alexa's fan
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +444/-0
  • Fan of Alexa Internet
    • View Profile
    • Pretty legs
Why do you care so much? :P Are there girls who think you're still not enough rich for being in Shanghai with a Shanghai's bride? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D You know what's your problem? Targeting very high. Slow down, lower down your goals, expectations. Why the blue hell, you want to be someone successful in Shanghai when you can be x3 more successful in another city, town, or abroad in many places? Holy @#$^   ;D You can do it in so many other places, why you are putting in such a trouble? ;D Just because you are born there? I am afraid to think what it would be if you was born in Palestine...

Ineedloveandpassion

• Loveless incel
  • SEO full member
  • SEO-karma: +57/-1
  • Needy
    • View Profile
I don't know. And if it is or if it is not, how this will improve your situation?
I am so needy.

Incel

• A wannabe (a person who tries to be like someone else or to fit in with a particular group of people) gymcel
  • SEO hero member
  • A pity incel male.
    • View Profile
My ontopic short answer now... See, after in China showing bad economy data and even expressing simple criticism towards the economy issues isn't welcome and it may be even dangerous you can't expect to know if really in Shanghai or wherever the data is accurate. What we see for sure that under Xi it's getting worse economy wise, freedom wise, business wise and peace wise...
A kind of incel: baldcel + poorcel + shortcel... what else? Soon to come: oldcel!!!

SEO

• SEO master
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +718/-1
  • SEO expert
    • View Profile
    • SEO
It's one and the same for the rich and for the poor. If you're a beggar in Canada or in Shanghai, this is almost the same worst. Or if you're a billionaire, then in Namibia, Guatemala, Malaysia or Shanghai, you're just having a dreamful life.

Aquonut

• SEO sr. member
    • View Profile
    • Email
OK, moved successfully!  8) Well, because it's really an interesting (China related and economy/economics related) topic let me say what I think and know about it now:

we must know the medium instead of the mean
-- very true, very right. Many people don't make difference between the mean and the medium. They just think that there is only one "average". And this is a problem.

2. In China (and other places too) it's a regular statistical trick (or just stupidity) to mislead the population that the average income is very good (and, of course, we should thank the "great" leader for this, right?) The typical example would be the case where nearly every person in a given population lives on about 4000 yuan a month, but there is a small elite with incomes in the tens of thousands (it implies more than 20,000). The numerical average can mislead many people by suggesting that the average Chinese person earns something like "(30 000 + 4000)/2", i. e. 17000 yuan monthly! ;D And this is, of course, ridiculous because the real situation is that most of the population in China can only dream of a month salary of ¥17000 (~$ 2,388)!

3. If you compare Shanghai with Canada, you better to specify which Canada do you mean, because as we talked before, in every country the GDP per capita (and the GINI index) differs from place to place. For example, I guess, if you compare Shanghai with Toronto or with Montreal maybe the Shanghai's per capita will be less but if you compare it with some small towns like Milton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton,_Ontario) or Saint-Hyacinthe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Hyacinthe) then Shanghai is likely better (about GDP per capita). Of course, I am not sure if these examples are 100% correct but what is really correct is that in every country the level is different when you compare the places (like comparing the GDP per capita in Korla /库尔勒/ and the same in Wuxi (无锡) or in Wanning (万宁)). But, sometimes, some small/smaller places may surprise you: according to one statistical source the highest Chinese mainland GDP per capita (after Hongkong and Macao) is in Karamay (克拉玛依); of course it's not really surprising if you know that that's an oil-producing (and refining) center.
Well I mean relative to the long-term residents of Shanghai and of Canada, and I am comparing Shanghai to whole Canada.
And yeah the Central Bank may have played some dirty tricks to beautify the data. They did that before to persuade economical ignorants into that the houseownship rate of the cities of China was 98%!(or maybe lower. I forget the number sorry) And the medium of the asset(family)was $17142(or maybe higher. I forget the number)! These are ridiculous if you really know about the real economy of China. After some people had found out the samples were all long-term residents, we knew that the Central Bank played a trick again... Of course the houseownship rate of long-term resident is very high. Would you not say the ratio of girl is not very high if you investigate into the ratio of girl of a nunnery? Would you not say the ratio of 700+ Gaokao high scorer is not very high if you investigate into the ratio of 700+ Gaokao high scorer of Qsinghua/Peking Uni? See how slippery CCP is? :P They are always playing tricks on the people of it to persuade them into that China is very powerful, China is very rich, China is way better than Taiwan and America, etc..

However, I learned from Rupert's data and the data of the Central Bank that, net asset of $85714 was at the 90th percentile relative to long-term residents of Shanghai and the medium of the net asset of them was way way lower than $117142(you know how astronomically large the gap of socio-economic stratum of every region of China is right?), and since Rupert's data is deflated(not much however), we have to say CCP is not very wrong on the data of it, and my answer to my own question is: pretty much

Aquonut

• SEO sr. member
    • View Profile
    • Email
My ontopic short answer now... See, after in China showing bad economy data and even expressing simple criticism towards the economy issues isn't welcome and it may be even dangerous you can't expect to know if really in Shanghai or wherever the data is accurate. What we see for sure that under Xi it's getting worse economy wise, freedom wise, business wise and peace wise...
My take is that Rupert's data are the most accurate, since I learned from an economically-knowledgable guys that Rupert's data were deflated but not much. The data of the Central Bank is secondary accurate because you know CCP likes playing tricks on the people of it because... well you know :P. The other things including the data of a random college student's survey, a random web user's claimed 'data' are even inaccurate. Remember Economics is not something like Love Psychology, for which you can produce accurate data by just doing a survey to the students of your college or something like that, particularly since 'Founder Effect' of China is extremely extremely big and the gap of socio-economic stratum of it is also extremely extremely large(I think if we rank countries by the gap of socio-economic stratum, I won't be surprised if China is ranked #1 at all...), not to mention that a nativer in a random region is likely to boast about the economy of it to boast the 'faces' of all of the other nativers. Nowadays you can even see some retards claim that if you do not have current asset of $2857142 you are not rich in Hangzhou ;D.

Incel

• SEO hero member
  • A pity incel male.
    • View Profile
But you still believe that there is something like CCP that controls China?

It's strange. Why when it comes to Russia or North Korea everyone knows that the real subject of control is Putin or Kim, not the parties. But when it comes to China, many people are blind to see the Xi's full control?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 03:43:07 PM by SEO »

Your ad here just for $1 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($1/day)!

About the privacy policy
How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps
Post there to report content which violates or infringes your copyright.