☯☼☯ SEO and Non-SEO (Science-Education-Omnilogy) Forum ☯☼☯

☆ ☆ ☆ № ➊ Omnilogic Forum + More ☆ ☆ ☆

Your ad here just for $2 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($2/day)!

Author Topic: The toxicity of nowadays social media  (Read 418 times)

Aquonut

• SEO sr. member
  • SEO-karma: +469/-44
    • View Profile
    • Email
The toxicity of nowadays social media
« on: December 23, 2023, 09:24:28 AM »
Social media have been no longer helpful since tiktok, instagram etc. came out. The whole internet is gaslighting-centric and sexualism-centric.
The whole internet, by the social media of it, is making everything seem like you gotta be 7-8/10 to be 'qualified' to be confident, you gotta graduate from Harvard to be qualified to say you are doing well in academia, you gotta have an IQ of 140-150 to be qualified to say you are smart, you gotta have $10000000 in your pocket to say you are rich, etc..
Furthermore, there seems to be some retarded social media creating hetereosexual conflicts, like they are expecting their bfs to be 7-8/10 and 6'2 while they themselves are only 3-4/10 and 5', they are very vicious to short guys and ugly guys, as if it would be good news for them to hear them die, women are thinking they are superior to men, etc..
Of course there are many guys and girls who hold the same opinion like mine, but there are also many victims who are cognitively dissonanced due to the toxicity of social media.

There is the idiom I've just made: a drug can either be a drug, or be a 'drug'.   

Alexa

• Alexa's fan
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +445/-0
  • Fan of Alexa Internet
    • View Profile
    • Pretty legs
Re: The toxicity of nowadays social media
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 09:16:44 PM »
Oh, there are so different people and groups there. Some are... what you said, but others are useful. For example, there are people who discuss how to cook, others just watch cats and kittens, or there are village/farmers oriented. Maybe you still didn't find some like them. I know there are also only IT, science or religion oriented groups, where nobody is going to think about your looks or your income as far as you're useful for the community. I think you are still new in the SMs so you just met those ones you mentioned about. :)

Nadia

• Сладко миньонче
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +189/-0
  • Миньонче
    • View Profile
    • СУ
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 04:41:50 AM »
What I see in my Social media is nothing like this. I see many primitive, ugly and not rich people.😀
Mieux vaut être seul que mal accompagné.

Aquonut

• SEO sr. member
  • SEO-karma: +469/-44
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 10:55:25 AM »
Oh, there are so different people and groups there. Some are... what you said, but others are useful. For example, there are people who discuss how to cook, others just watch cats and kittens, or there are village/farmers oriented. Maybe you still didn't find some like them. I know there are also only IT, science or religion oriented groups, where nobody is going to think about your looks or your income as far as you're useful for the community. I think you are still new in the SMs so you just met those ones you mentioned about. :)
I meant social media instead of the Internet, instead, I even think Internet is one of the greatest inventions, but social media are really toxic, at least chinese social media are like this.
Maybe due to the society being more invididualistic, western social media is indeed good.

MSL

• Философ | Philosopher | 哲学家
  • SEO Mod
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +813/-0
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2023, 09:48:38 PM »
 In a neo-feudal and neo-empire (with a neo-emperor) state, it's "normal" the social medias to be highly influenced by the "ideas" of the neo-emperor (Xi). Nothing to be surprised of. It's even a miracle that there are some social medias in there because soon it may become (and it is already becoming) to be like in North Korea (the 100% neo-monarchy or just a monarchy with their Kim dynasty).
 The Western medias aren't a paradise but you're (sort of) freer there. They have got different echo chambers (or as some people call them "information balloons"), in Chinese -- "回声室效应" and this isn't good too (a fresh example are all those Black pill communities, where nothing else is accepted and everything is "It's over!" and "Incel once = incel forever", "100% genetics", etc.)
 And now, when in China (due to the poor management and the abnormal thinking of the absolutist Xi) more and more people are getting poorer, jobless, less informed and so on, how long do you think there will be these high standards and expectations like the mentioned in your first post "Harvard", " $ 10000000", etc.? You may think about it. :)
A fan of science, philosophy and so on. :)

Dimitroff

• Разбирач & играч
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +300/-3
  • Разбирач, играч и предприемач.
    • View Profile
    • Много ме кефи тоя predpriemach!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2023, 10:29:03 PM »
If you choose the right segments it may be very useful for you. You just can't compare some stupid and racist incels with some pros who're going to help you to build up your website or some others who will discuss the cryptocurrencies exchange rates in the future. There are segments for everyone if s/he knows how to search for.
Разбирач, играч, предприемач. Какво повече от това? ;)

Your ad here just for $1 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($1/day)!

About the privacy policy
How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps
Post there to report content which violates or infringes your copyright.