☯☼☯ SEO and Non-SEO (Science-Education-Omnilogy) Forum ☯☼☯

☆ ☆ ☆ № ➊ Omnilogic Forum + More ☆ ☆ ☆

Your ad here just for $2 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($2/day)!

Author Topic: The best password (The best passwords)  (Read 478 times)

SEO

• SEO master
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +721/-1
  • SEO expert
    • View Profile
    • SEO
The best password (The best passwords)
« on: April 24, 2022, 05:49:46 AM »

What is the best password

Get it straight (understand it correctly): there is an infinite number of very good passwords. They may be better and better. There is no best password. Give me a "best password" and I'll make it a better one.

Some of the best passwords

Some of the "best passwords" (i.e. some of the very, very good passwords) are the ones like this: "This_is_my_good_password_1dUk*" Why is it one of the best passwords? Because it would take a computer about 300 undecillion years to crack this password! (Undecillion is a number typed or written with "1" followed by 36 zeros! This is it: 1000000000000000000000000000000000000.)
 Another very good password? Sure, here you are: "I-like-you-very-much-5Hz". It would take a computer about 28 nonillion years to crack this password. (And nonillion is a number typed or written with "1" followed by 30 zeros! This is it: 1000000000000000000000000000000.) As you may see, this one is a bit weaker than the first one, but still it's good enough.
 Maybe you think that the passwords have to be composed of sentences with letters and numbers like those 2 above? Well, not at all. You can have "best" (very, very good) passwords which are sentenceless. Examples:
  • Tkx678Z12jl9edddw -- It would take a computer about 2 trillion years to crack this password.
  • K3d5a1a00d9Aznivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv -- It would take a computer about 1 duodecillion years to crack this password.

So? You see that there are different ways to make one of the best passwords nowadays.

Easy to remember best passwords

Maybe the "best passwords" we should call the ones which are
  • hard to crack
  • easy to remember
Is that even possible? :D
Sure it is!!! 8) 8) 8)
Well, here we go, look at these easy, very strong (very hard to crack) passwords: 1. "Micky1000Mouse" (It would take a computer about 9 million years to crack this password.), 2. "YourBest999Love999" (It would take a computer about 1 hundred trillion years to crack this password.), 3. "Cat1Dog2Camel3" (It would take a computer about 9 million years to crack this password.), 4. "Easy1111password2222" (It would take a computer about 5 hundred quadrillion years to crack this password.), 5. "Very-easy-to-remember-it" (It would take a computer about 53 septillion years to crack this password.)

For those of you with a very bad memory, there are comparatively good (really easy to remember and taking many years to crack them) passwords! Five examples: 1. "abc1234567890xyz" (It would take a computer about 6 million years to crack this password.), 2. "000fff111222333444" (It would take a computer about 8 billion years to crack this password.), 3. "easy-easy-333-333" (It would take a computer about 84 billion years to crack this password.), 4. "So_easy_so_easy_so_easy" (It would take a computer about 7 hundred sextillion years to crack this password.), 5. "easy1easy2easy3easy4" ("It would take a computer about 10 trillion years to crack this password.")

In case you worry this kind of password is still difficult for you, don't worry, because even a password like "my_dog_is_brown" would take a computer about 1 million years to crack it. And if you want something super easy -- a password like "_You_and_I_" would take a computer about 96 years to crack this password.

How do you know how long time does it take to crack a password? (i.e. How do you know how strong is a password?)

Well, I also wondered about it and then I discovered this webpage: https://www.security.org/how-secure-is-my-password/. It's helpful to answer your questions (like "How safe is my password?", "How strong is my password?", "How long does it take to crack my password?") An example how to build a secured password (a very good password), starting from the very beginning:

Checking these ones:
s
se
sec
secr
secre
secret
secret_
secret_password
secret_password1
secret_password12
secret_password123
secret_password123A
secret_password123Ab
secret_password123Ab321

1. s ("It would take a computer about

6 hundred picoseconds

to crack your password")
2. se ("It would take a computer about

16 nanoseconds

to crack your password")
3. sec ("It would take a computer about

4 hundred nanoseconds

to crack your password")
5. secr ("It would take a computer about

11 microseconds

to crack your password")
6. secre ("It would take a computer about

2 hundred microseconds

to crack your password")
7. secret ("Your password would be cracked

Instantly
")
8. secret_ ("It would take a computer about

4 seconds

to crack your password")

As you see, the short passwords (withous capital letters, special symbols, etc.) are very easy to crack. The word "secret" is longer, but it's a dictionary word, so it's an instant cracking! Be careful, don't use single dictionary words.

9. secret_password ("It would take a computer about

1 million years

to crack your password")
10. secret_password1 ("It would take a computer about

1 billion years

to crack your password")
11. secret_password12 ("It would take a computer about

84 billion years

to crack your password")
12. secret_password123 ("It would take a computer about

4 trillion years

to crack your password")
13. secret_password123A ("It would take a computer about

5 hundred quadrillion years

to crack your password")
14. secret_password123Ab ("It would take a computer about

42 quintillion years

to crack your password")
15. secret_password123Ab321 ("It would take a computer about

19 septillion years

to crack your password")

Now you understand how a password gets better, right?

Anyway, don't think too much about it. Just pick up something like an easy word combined with an easy greater number like "Billy888777666" and check it. The result will show you is it a good one or not. In this case Billy888777666 takes take a computer about 9 million years to crack it. Not bad, is it?

Some people think that a password like Gh9#daS@vDKK33ddi%^xO is stronger than a password like "Bill-and-I-are-very-tall-guys". I'm pretty sure that the second one is good too, or even better maybe. Let's check them now: 1. Gh9#daS@vDKK33ddi%^xO --
It would take a computer about

3 sextillion years

to crack your password

2. Bill-and-I-are-very-tall-guys --

71 decillion years

to crack your password
Well? I was right. The second one is even stronger.

And the last question (problem): what if a website doesn't give you a chance to use symbols like
Code: [Select]
-,_,`|, `, %, *? Don't worry! Just type your favourite sentence without spaces. For example, if you can't type it as "The_cat_on_the_table", you can just do it as "Thecatonthetable". Is Thecatonthetable a weak password? No, I don't think so. Check it! The result is

2 billion years

to crack your password
2 billion years! Not bad! Another good (in fact, a very good) idea is to separate your words with numbers. Even one and the same number is enough to make this password super strong. See, we'll take the same example and will separate the words with the number "8"; we've got "The8cat8on8the8table". So, how strong is The8cat8on8the8table? I bet it's a very strong one. Let's see:

5 hundred quadrillion years

to crack your password
500 quadrillion years! Oh my gosh!

If you want a shorter, easy and strong password, all you can do is to combine two words with some numbers like "stone" + "8" + "garden" + "9": "stone8garden9". Is stone8garden9 good enough? I think so. Let's see its result:

1 hundred years

to crack your password
100 years. Well... if it's not enough for you, just add one more number, for example at the beginning: make stone8garden9 to become "7stone8garden9". Well, now I may bet that it's much better than "100 years". Let's see it:

4 thousand years

to crack your password
. Well, 4000 years is really good enough.

By the way if you want less words and more numbers you can pick up something like "10001" + "bird" + "70007". And the result of this 10001bird70007 password is

4 thousand years

to crack your password
4000 years again, you see?

At the end I'll suggest you something like this (long, but easy to remember and super strong): car122333444455555666666 ("It would take a computer about 17 quintillion years to crack your password"). 8)

We're doing our best for your secured password knowledge! If you want to learn more, take a look at the related topics in this Omnilogy forum which are listed below: