☯☼☯ SEO and Non-SEO (Science-Education-Omnilogy) Forum ☯☼☯

☆ ☆ ☆ № ➊ Omnilogic Forum + More ☆ ☆ ☆

Your ad here just for $2 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($2/day)!

Author Topic: Nonsense words  (Read 4033 times)

SEO

• SEO master
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +721/-1
  • SEO expert
    • View Profile
    • SEO
Nonsense words
« on: February 06, 2016, 05:17:46 AM »

About the nonsense words

Not to be confused with Nonce word.
A nonsense word, unlike a sememe, may have no definition. Nonsense words can be classified depending on their orthographic and phonetic similarity with (meaningful) words. If it can be pronounced according to a language's phonotactics, it is a pseudoword. Nonsense words are used in literature for poetic or humorous effect. Proper names of real or fictional entities are sometimes nonsense words.
A stunt word is a nonsense word used for a special effect, or to attract attention, as part of a performance. Such words are a feature of the work of Dr. Seuss ("Sometimes I am quite certain there's a Jertain in the curtain").
The ability to infer the (hypothetical) meaning of a nonsense word from context is used to test for brain damage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonsense_word https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_Creative_Commons_Attribution-ShareAlike_3.0_Unported_License
 I started this topic about the nonsense words, because some persons are interested in
  • nonsense words for kindergarten
  • nonsense words for first grade
  • nonsense words activities
  • nonsense words flashcards
  • nonsense words practice
  • nonsense words powerpoint (i.e. PowerPoint)
Why do you read it and what do you think/need about the nonsense words?

MSL

• Философ | Philosopher | 哲学家
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +814/-0
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
Re: Nonsense words
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 05:42:07 AM »
 I read it, because it's in the 'Philosophy' section and because the words, the sense and the nonsense are part of the philosophy and its discourse.
 I'd like to add here something important. A certain nonsense word in language A may be a certain normal, real word in language B (and/or language C and/or language D, etc.) There are a lot of examples about it. 
A fan of science, philosophy and so on. :)

Non-SEO

• Non-SEO
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +301/-0
  • No SEO, but Love, Health, UFO, etc.
    • View Profile
    • Upside-down text and backwards text
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 05:46:20 AM »
 Yeah. Now let me add some nonsense words here:
  • Fukulimavekorilewop
  • Hiouleijimoo
  • Dokorsbetimuliyte
 Are they good nonsense words? ;D
I will not write about SEO, but about love, food, UFO, sport, psychology, paranormal and everything else I like.

MSL

• SEO hero member
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
Best Nonsense Words
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:11:01 AM »
 He-he! The best nonsense words! :) 8) Do you have any better? :P

mojo

• SEO sr. member
  • SEO-karma: +238/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 03:42:18 PM »
I love nonsense words. What better passwords than ones that can't be dictionary hunted? Now typically in most places I use passwords with unicode because they are harder to brute force but not all softwares allow unicode for passwords.

In the same vein, I never use the same password nor nick twice. It's just a habit.
When you put down the good things you ought to have done, and leave out the bad ones you did do — well, that’s Memoirs. ~ Will Rogers

Non-SEO

• Non-SEO
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +301/-0
  • No SEO, but Love, Health, UFO, etc.
    • View Profile
    • Upside-down text and backwards text
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 12:32:48 AM »
I love nonsense words. What better passwords than ones that can't be dictionary hunted? Now typically in most places I use passwords with unicode because they are harder to brute force but not all softwares allow unicode for passwords.

In the same vein, I never use the same password nor nick twice. It's just a habit.
It's all good (unicode passwords, never use the same password twice). But why the nick too?
I will not write about SEO, but about love, food, UFO, sport, psychology, paranormal and everything else I like.

mojo

• SEO sr. member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 01:02:12 AM »
Quote from: Non-SEO
But why the nick too?

Habit I've developed. Back in my early on-line presence I used the same nick all the time. Then Google came along and a pattern could be developed by searching for your nick. Do this long enough and a profile can be developed of you.

So to disconnect that, to make it harder for these DOXXers, that no longer connects with different places.

When you put down the good things you ought to have done, and leave out the bad ones you did do — well, that’s Memoirs. ~ Will Rogers

MSL

• SEO hero member
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 01:14:51 AM »
Quote from: Non-SEO
But why the nick too?

Habit I've developed. Back in my early on-line presence I used the same nick all the time. Then Google came along and a pattern could be developed by searching for your nick. Do this long enough and a profile can be developed of you.

So to disconnect that, to make it harder for these DOXXers, that no longer connects with different places.
I had a funny experience. One of the abnormal people (a hater and a sort of psychopath) decided to search online what I said before and to 'expose' me. Too lame to be a DOXXer and what he found was another person with an identical nickname. The funny was that the one with the identical nickname was some real football fan, but I'm one of the least interested in football, tennis, hockey, rugby, baseball, volleyball and other sport games like these. ;D
 So, if you change your nicknames, it's still not a 100%-guarantee that some of the psychos are not able to 'doxx' you. And their 'doxx' is pretty successful, because many (or most) of the users/netizens believe AT ONCE, WITHOUT EVIDENCES/PROOFS. Nothing! There read = they believe. Nonsense... but a fact.

mojo

• SEO sr. member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: MSL
what he found was another person with an identical nickname.

Which is what will happen each and every time someone would try that. The nicks are not unique and will lead to someone other than I. I use a VPN, I don't do most social sites, so the info they find would be a slim lead at best, more often someone else.

Tags:

Your ad here just for $1 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($1/day)!

About the privacy policy
How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps
Post there to report content which violates or infringes your copyright.