☯☼☯ SEO and Non-SEO (Science-Education-Omnilogy) Forum ☯☼☯

☆ ☆ ☆ № ➊ Omnilogic Forum + More ☆ ☆ ☆

Your ad here just for $2 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($2/day)!

Author Topic: Time travel, time machine -- just impossible  (Read 9360 times)

MSL

• Философ | Philosopher | 哲学家
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +813/-0
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
Time travel, time machine -- just impossible
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:42:12 AM »

There is no time travel and time machine,

because the "time" is just a human fabrication

What is this "Time travel"? Well, Time travel is just a concept of moving between different points in time (for example from 2014 to 3478 or to 1738 and so on) in a manner analogous to moving between different points in space (for example from China to Canada or to Indonesia and so on). ;D And what is this "Time machine"? This is the theoretical invention, which some believe will be able to "transport" you from "one time" to "another time".  ;D ;D
 Now let me tell you why all these "things" are just impossible:
1. There is no such thing as physical/material/substantial time. The time is ONLY a measure. It measures the motion of the things (for instance - the motion of the Sun, the motion of the Moon, the motion of the sand, etc.) That's why there are different calendars -- Solar calendar, Lunar calendar; there are different clocks too -- sundial, candle clock, water clock(clepsydra), sand clock, etc.
2. As far as the time (century, year, month, week, hour, minute, second, etc.) is just a measure of the motion of the matter (Sun, Moon, water, sand, Earth's rotation, etc.), such thing as "Time machine" or "Time travel" is just impossible, because you can't travel in a measure.
 The past is something that happened, i.e. it's gone, it's already non-existing. The future is something that may happen (or not), i.e. it's something non-existing, too. The only existing one is the present. And you can't travel from the present to the past or from the present to the future, because you just can't travel from something existing to something non-existing. It is the same about real traveling -- you may travel from Greece to England, because England exists, but you can't travel from Greece to Neverland, because Neverland does not exist (it is a fictional place!)...

So, just forget about Time travel, Time machine, etc. They're all fictional and therefore -- impossible.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:04:16 AM by SEO »
A fan of science, philosophy and so on. :)

Alexa

• Alexa's fan
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +445/-0
  • Fan of Alexa Internet
    • View Profile
    • Pretty legs
Temporal paradox
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 02:48:28 AM »

MSL

• SEO hero member
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
Time is immaterial
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 02:15:46 AM »

Time is immaterial

In a word: time is immaterial.

SEO

• SEO master
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +719/-1
  • SEO expert
    • View Profile
    • SEO
More about this topic
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 02:23:08 AM »

MSL

• SEO hero member
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
And I wonder if the temperature causes time dilation
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »

What is this "Time travel"? Well, Time travel is just a concept of moving between different points in time (for example from 2014 to 3478 or to 1738 and so on) in a manner analogous to moving between different points in space (for example from China to Canada or to Indonesia and so on). ;D And what is this "Time machine"? This is the theoretical invention, which some believe will be able to "transport" you from "one time" to "another time".  ;D ;D
1. There is no such thing as physical/material/substantial time. The time is ONLY a measure. It measures the motion of the things (for instance - the motion of the Sun, the motion of the Moon, the motion of the sand, etc.) That's why there are different calendars -- Solar calendar, Lunar calendar; there are different clocks too -- sundial, candle clock, water clock(clepsydra), sand clock, etc.
2. As far as the time (century, year, month, week, hour, minute, second, etc.) is just a measure of the motion of the matter (Sun, Moon, water, sand, Earth's rotation, etc.), such thing as "Time machine" or "Time travel" is just impossible, because you can't travel in a measure.
 The past is something that happened, i.e. it's gone, it's already non-existing. The future is something that may happen (or not), i.e. it's something non-existing, too. The only existing one is the present. And you can't travel from the present to the past or from the present to the future, because you just can't travel from something existing to something non-existing. It is the same about real traveling -- you may travel from Greece to England, because England exists, but you can't travel from Greece to Neverland, because Neverland does not exist (it is a fictional place!)...

So, just forget about Time travel, Time machine, etc. They're all fictional and therefore -- impossible.

I'd like to add: this days I wonder if the temperature may cause time dilation?

MSL

• SEO hero member
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
Seems I am right that the temperature causes time dilation
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 12:57:52 AM »

I'd like to add: this days I wonder if the temperature may cause time dilation?
Well, seems that I'm right about it. Temperature causes time dilation. More about it: http://philosophychatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&p=268675#p268675

MSL

• SEO hero member
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
And my opinion about the "Block model universe"
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 12:14:21 AM »

My opinion about the so called "Block model universe"

Block Model Universe= absolute FATALISM(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatalism). It's a wrong model. If it's really so, then everything already happened and we have no free will(http://www.britannica.com/topic-browse/Philosophy/Free-Will). We can, for example, just stay, sleep and enjoy the life (non-stop party! ;D ;D 8)); no need to work, because everything happened already and no matter what you do, there is no difference, so we just leave our jobs and duties, go out, spend whatever we want and... we will get exactly the same result in the end (because it's "blocked" somewhere) :D So good, to be true, isn't it?! LOL, ROFL, etc.!

MSL

• SEO hero member
  • Peace, sport, love.
    • View Profile
    • Free word counter
Re: Time travel, time machine -- just impossible
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »
  More about why there is no time travel. Yes, I mentioned it too, recently, but let's type more about it. Some people imagine it (time travel) like multiverse -- for example one past (past universe/past world) at 12:00, another one in 12:01... and why not other ones ("pasts") in every second :D:D... A lot of modern myths... and a lot of naive people to believe in these myths. About the so called "travel to the future" (in very high speed or near a black hole or, as I suppose, in different temperature, if one can survive) -- it's also NOT a time travel -- the certain person will age slowly (i.e. the motion will be different in him and around him than the one on Earth or in another place that moves relatively slower), but when he or she comes back he/she will find just an older Earth, but WITHOUT HIM, i.e. it is the same Earth, not another time/world/universe where he will meet his/her future self. The same as if he/she was frozen for some period. He/She stays in the same universe and he/she wakes up(unfrozen) in the same, but just much older than him universe or Earth. No time travel and no time at all. Time is just a human measure. This is my point of view now.

Dimitroff

• Разбирач & играч
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +300/-3
  • Разбирач, играч и предприемач.
    • View Profile
    • Много ме кефи тоя predpriemach!!!
Re: Time travel, time machine -- just impossible
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 01:55:39 AM »
A Russian woman thinks alike. I read her opinions in youtube.com/watch?v=8SHvLZx4cb8. Take a look:
zinaida makarova2 weeks ago
время условная единица введённая  ЧЕЛОВЕЧЕСТВОМ для удобной ориентации в пространстве и обществе.  В природе времени НЕТ,  а вы тылдычите с пустого в порожнее....
zinaida makarova1 week ago
Единица времени-одно из величайших изобретений человечества,но она -искусственно созданная величина описывающая скорость качественного перехода материи из одного состояния в другое. В природе существуют периодические процессы.которые послужили основой для создания этой УСЛОВНОЙ единицы. Периодические процессы-объективны и реальны, а созданные человеком единицы времени-условны и нереальны. Четвёртого измерения-измерения  времени не существует и не может существовать в природе.
Разбирач, играч, предприемач. Какво повече от това? ;)

Gay

• Just another internet fan
  • SEO Admin
  • SEO hero member
  • SEO-karma: +332/-0
  • Internet knowledge
    • View Profile
    • SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION

Your ad here just for $1 per day!

- - -

Your ads here ($1/day)!

About the privacy policy
How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps
Post there to report content which violates or infringes your copyright.